How to Get Married in Florida
Marriage License Checklist
- Take a premarital course before you apply for your marriage license. This will get you prepared for marriage, give you a discount on your Florida marriage license and eliminate the customary 3-day waiting period.
- Once you're ready to apply for the marriage license, make sure that you have proof of identity, age, and residency. Both individuals must be at least 18 years old, and show some form of identification (state driver's license, state ID or passport).
- Check the county's website and find out if there are any other requirements that are not specified in this list.
- Several counties have an online application for a marriage license. If it is not shown in the information that we have compiled for each county, it likely is not available. If it is available, you can get a head start on the application process.
- Both individuals from the couple must be present to receive their marriage license. Plan a date and time that you can both commit to going to the nearest location where marriage licenses are authorized. Search for your county below to see one of the locations. Check the county website for additional locations.
- Now you're ready to apply for a marriage license! As long as you meet the criteria involved, you should be granted a marriage license in the county that you apply for. You do not need to live in the county to receive a marriage license there. Remember that marriage licenses are only valid for 90 days.
Marriage License Information by County
* This county requires an original certificate as proof that you have completed this course. You will be asked to provide your mailing address after you complete the course so we can mail you the certificate. You can avoid the mailing delay by applying for your marriage license in a nearby county that accepts a printout of our digital certificate and does not require an original certificate. (You can get your Florida marriage license in any Florida county and use it to get married anywhere in Florida)